In this day of personal makeovers, we’ve seen people lose 100 pounds, get a nose job, and finally go after their dream career. But for many, an alteration of attitudes alone can bring transformative life experiences.
Changing how you approach daily living might help you achieve your ultimate goals. Even if you don’t think you’re in need of a total attitude makeover, check out some of the ideas below to discover positive approaches you can take to get the most out of your life.
Are you “Stuck” in a Dominant Attitude?
If you find yourself feeling the same way about a variety of situations in life, maybe you’re hanging on to the same attitude. If you have a particular, less-than-positive approach that dominates your life, it may be time for a makeover.
Reflect on Your Feelings
Take time to think about how you feel most of the time. How would you describe your dominant attitude? Is it contentment, sluggishness, happiness, annoyance, satisfaction, resentment, peace, envy, joy, worry, inquisitiveness, or even anger?
Examine Your Attitude Type
As you can see, some attitudes are positive, optimistic and motivating. If you’re blessed with a naturally positive dominant attitude, you’re in solid command of your life. You’re most likely already living the good life you deserve.
But if you notice that a less positive attitude is pervasive, make the decision now to alter how you think and feel.
Consider the following regarding these more challenging attitudes, and the ways in which they can detract from the quality of your life:
* Sluggishness. If you have a sluggish attitude toward life, you’ll find yourself simply plodding along, doing barely what is required to get by. You might take little interest in anything and prop your feet in front of the television at every spare moment. Chances are, you set few, if any, goals.
* Annoyance. If you find yourself consistently annoyed, you probably rarely feel satisfied with life. Something is usually amiss. When you’re annoyed, you may often sit in judgment of others, whom you see as unable to “do things right.”
* Resentment. Being resentful involves feeling rankled, troubled and worked up most of the time. When resentment is your dominant attitude, you may feel challenged to manifest positive events in your life or enjoy the ones that do occur.
* Envy. Feeling envious of others can include wanting what someone else has or feeling spiteful toward or competitive with others.
* Worry. A prevailing attitude of worry means you often experience nagging feelings that things are not quite okay. In advance of an event, you construct many possible scenarios, with few of them leading to a satisfying finish.
* Anger. An angry attitude is exhausting if you have to deal with it on a day-to-day basis, whether it’s your own attitude or someone else’s. When this attitude is dominant, usually there is a general sense of unhappiness.
Make Over Your Attitude
Once you determine you might benefit from an attitude makeover, you can get started right away. As an adult, you most likely already have all the skills you need to change your challenging state of mind.
Try these strategies to experience the joys of a more positive dominant attitude:
1. Make a decision. Decide to rid yourself of the attitude that brings you down.
2. Use reminders. Post reminders on your mirror and refrigerator and in your car to “catch” and let go of your old attitude.
3. Replace the old. Select a more uplifting attitude as your dominant one. For example, happiness, joy, peace, satisfaction, or contentment as your chief attitude will strengthen your passion for life. When you notice your old attitude creeping in, replace it immediately with a more optimistic, motivating one. Refuse to surrender your power to that old state of mind.
4. Affirm your new attitude. Apply your new frame of mind. Every day, say to yourself, “No matter what, I am [your new attitude].” Remind yourself that you’re stronger than your old, ineffective attitude.
If you identified any of the above challenging attitudes as your primary emotional state, you might get a lot of pleasure from an attitude makeover. By following these suggestions, you can begin to enjoy the good life you’ve always wanted.
There’s more to massage than just a pleasant experience. Massage is a powerful way to enhance your life.
Treat yourself to a massage and enjoy these numerous benefits:
1. It feels good. What feels better than a massage? A good masseuse will leave you feeling better than you’ve ever felt. If this were the only benefit massage provided, a massage would still be worth the time and money. But massage has much more to offer.
2. A massage can decrease anxiety and depression. If you’ve ever had a massage, you know how relaxing it can be. Studies have shown that receiving a massage on a regular basis can be an effective means of combating anxiety. Interestingly, massage is also used to treat depression.
3. Pain reduction. Massage can be healing and can reduce pain. Massage can release endorphins, decrease tightness, and increase blood flow to the area being massaged. These effects have the ability to reduce pain.
4. Recover faster from workouts. Professional athletic teams often have a full-time massage therapist. Massage therapy can increase recovery and aid in the prevention of injuries. Luckily, you don’t have to be a professional athlete to get a massage!
5. Reduction in severity and frequency of headaches. Chronic headaches respond positively to massage. If you’re struggling with headaches, massage might be the answer you’re looking for.
6. Enhanced immunity. Massage boosts your white blood cell count. White blood cells are a critical part of your body’s ability to fight infection. A strong immune system is also linked to longevity.
7. A massage is relaxing. It relaxes you through and through – physically and mentally.
8. Reduce hypertension. Regular massage has been shown to be an effective treatment for hypertension.
9. Improved posture. Massage decreases the tightness and pain that often lead to poor posture. Poor posture continues to get worse unless you do something to combat it. Massage can help.
10. Reduce fibromyalgia symptoms. Fibromyalgia is especially responsive to massage. Those with fibromyalgia suffer from pain, anxiety, sleep disturbances, stiffness, and depression. Massage is effective at treating all of these issues.
11. Enhanced mood. Massage has demonstrated the ability to alter one’s mood positively. No one walks away from a massage feeling worse about their life.
12. You’ll be more flexible. A massage can really loosen you up. Your range of motion is better after a massage than it was before.
13. Improved sleep. You’ll find that you sleep like a baby if you’ve had massage recently. You’ll fall asleep faster and sleep more soundly. A massage is relaxing, but it can also wear you out. Both aid in sleep.
Who knew there were so many amazing reasons to get a regular massage?
Massages can be expensive, but there is a solution. There are many educational materials available for anyone wanting to learn how to give an effective massage. You and a friend could do a little research and take turns giving each other a massage a couple of times a week.
Of course, if you have the money, you can always have a professional work their magic. Massage is a great way to enhance your physical and mental health. The fact that it feels so amazing is just a huge bonus.
Help Relieve the Stress of Daily Life. Balance your Energy to Relaxation. Book Now