When your life goes in a direction that you’d rather not experience, it’s often hard to deal with the challenge. You try many different ways to get yourself on the right track, but nothing you’re doing seems to work. Does that sound familiar?
If it does, you’ve undoubtedly noticed that having the ideal life isn’t always easy to come by. However, enjoying a fulfilling life has very little to do with how your cards are dealt, but rather how you play them.
As the saying goes, “Life is 1% what happens to you and 99% how you deal with it.” How you deal with life’s situations ultimately determines your quality of life.
The attitude you display in any circumstance will inevitably impact the outcome of it. But you’re probably wondering, “How else am I supposed to react to a negative event than to feel negatively about it?” Let’s take a look at an example and how a change in attitude can improve your situation:
The Traffic Scenario
Let’s say you’re driving and you’re about to come upon an amber light, which you’d rather not stop at because you’re late. So you speed up and actually run through the red light instead, and end up being stopped by a police officer, who is now writing you a ticket.
You’re angry and annoyed because you’re late for a meeting at the office. Your anger overflows and you suddenly start to shove the police officer. As a result, you get a second ticket for assaulting an officer. Your negative attitude has resulted in receiving two tickets instead of one, and you’re still late for the meeting!
Let’s look at how a change in attitude could have impacted the outcome for the better:
* Leaving home a little earlier would have bought you enough time so you wouldn’t have to speed through the light in the first place.
* Stopping at the yellow light would have resulted in a two-minute delay instead of the 20-minute delay you experienced with the police officer!
* Accepting your wrong-doing and acknowledging it to the police officer could have resulted in leniency with the first offense. You might have gotten off without a ticket at all.
* Containing your anger would definitely have prevented the ticket for the second offense.
* You’re now down at least $200, which you were planning to use to complete your credit card payments. A more positive attitude would have saved some money and enabled you to follow through on your credit card payment plan.
That example clearly shows how a change in attitude can significantly change the outcome of a situation you’re thrown into – or one which you’ve created all on your own! It is instinctual to want to respond to the tone of a situation with an equal tone. But when that tone’s negative, you’ll almost always end up being worse off.
The minute you start to change your attitude towards life’s challenges, you’ll start to feel accomplished at the end of a challenge as opposed to feeling conquered by it.
When you remember that you have the power to choose your reaction, you’ll have the power to determine the outcome of a situation!
If your ultimate goal in life is to be truly happy, stop and take a look at how much control you have over most outcomes. Once you have stopped long enough to realize that only you can determine how happy you feel, you’ll automatically start making the choices and attitude adjustments that will help you achieve that happiness!
There’s more to massage than just a pleasant experience. Massage is a powerful way to enhance your life.
Treat yourself to a massage and enjoy these numerous benefits:
1. It feels good. What feels better than a massage? A good masseuse will leave you feeling better than you’ve ever felt. If this were the only benefit massage provided, a massage would still be worth the time and money. But massage has much more to offer.
2. A massage can decrease anxiety and depression. If you’ve ever had a massage, you know how relaxing it can be. Studies have shown that receiving a massage on a regular basis can be an effective means of combating anxiety. Interestingly, massage is also used to treat depression.
3. Pain reduction. Massage can be healing and can reduce pain. Massage can release endorphins, decrease tightness, and increase blood flow to the area being massaged. These effects have the ability to reduce pain.
4. Recover faster from workouts. Professional athletic teams often have a full-time massage therapist. Massage therapy can increase recovery and aid in the prevention of injuries. Luckily, you don’t have to be a professional athlete to get a massage!
5. Reduction in severity and frequency of headaches. Chronic headaches respond positively to massage. If you’re struggling with headaches, massage might be the answer you’re looking for.
6. Enhanced immunity. Massage boosts your white blood cell count. White blood cells are a critical part of your body’s ability to fight infection. A strong immune system is also linked to longevity.
7. A massage is relaxing. It relaxes you through and through – physically and mentally.
8. Reduce hypertension. Regular massage has been shown to be an effective treatment for hypertension.
9. Improved posture. Massage decreases the tightness and pain that often lead to poor posture. Poor posture continues to get worse unless you do something to combat it. Massage can help.
10. Reduce fibromyalgia symptoms. Fibromyalgia is especially responsive to massage. Those with fibromyalgia suffer from pain, anxiety, sleep disturbances, stiffness, and depression. Massage is effective at treating all of these issues.
11. Enhanced mood. Massage has demonstrated the ability to alter one’s mood positively. No one walks away from a massage feeling worse about their life.
12. You’ll be more flexible. A massage can really loosen you up. Your range of motion is better after a massage than it was before.
13. Improved sleep. You’ll find that you sleep like a baby if you’ve had massage recently. You’ll fall asleep faster and sleep more soundly. A massage is relaxing, but it can also wear you out. Both aid in sleep.
Who knew there were so many amazing reasons to get a regular massage?
Massages can be expensive, but there is a solution. There are many educational materials available for anyone wanting to learn how to give an effective massage. You and a friend could do a little research and take turns giving each other a massage a couple of times a week.
Of course, if you have the money, you can always have a professional work their magic. Massage is a great way to enhance your physical and mental health. The fact that it feels so amazing is just a huge bonus.
Help Relieve the Stress of Daily Life. Balance your Energy to Relaxation. Book Now