Negative thoughts are like a cancer to your spirit. They slowly eat away at you until there isn’t enough left to support your hopes and dreams. Negative thoughts are damaging because they affect everything that comes afterwards. This includes your decisions, goals, actions, and results.
Negative thinking can impact every area of your life. It limits your effectiveness and poisons your outlook on life. If the time you have to spend on self-development is limited, dealing with your negative thinking is good way to allocate your time.
Take control of your thinking and be more positive:
1. Avoid thinking of yourself as a victim. When you have the mindset of a victim, you’re dooming yourself to a plethora of negative thoughts. A victim has neither hope nor options. There are always ways to move forward. You have choices.
2. Recognize your negative thought patterns. Your thoughts can be just as habitual as your morning coffee or your cigarette break. Notice your repetitive thoughts and when they occur. The first step to changing these thought patterns is to catch them when they first begin. When you notice negative thinking, change your thought.
* Either think a positive thought or redirect your thinking and focus to whatever you’re doing at that moment.
3. Read positive quotes each day. If you can’t find the time to read a book, at least read a few positive quotes each day. You can buy calendars with positive quotes. There are also plenty of websites with quotes on a wide variety of topics.
4. Keep your mind in the present. Sure, you can look ahead, as needed, to make plans. But your thoughts should remain rooted in the present. Thinking about the past results in frustration and regret. Thoughts of the future can cause anxiety. Keep your mind on your current surroundings and task.
* There’s no reason to worry about the next step. Take care of the current step first.
5. Ask yourself, “Do I know for certain this is a fact? Or is it just my opinion?” You don’t know as much as you think you do. You make a lot of assumptions based on faulty knowledge. This can lead to the belief that a situation is less solvable than it really is. If you don’t have accurate beliefs, you’re already at a huge disadvantage.
6. Avoid the idea that perfection is possible. Expect that you won’t be perfect at anything. When perfection is the goal, you’ll always fall short and that opens the door for negative thinking.
7. Spend time doing something that makes you feel good. It’s easy to have positive thoughts if you’re doing something enjoyable. Spend time with your partner or a good friend. Make a list of things you like to do and spend some time each day doing at least one of them. Enjoy yourself each day.
8. Meditate. Meditation seems to be a cure for everything. It’s one of the best ways to learn more about your thought patterns. It’s also an effective way for learning to focus and direct your thoughts.
9. Make a list of affirmations and take control of your self-talk. Instead of inventing positive self-talk on the fly, have a list prepared of positive things you can say to yourself. Build your self-talk around your goals and kill two birds with one stone.
Are your negative thoughts impacting your results and future? Negative thinking is a challenging habit to defeat. Monitor your thoughts and defeat negative thinking before it can take root. Replace those negative thoughts with a positive alternative. Make an effort to spend some time each day enjoying yourself.
Little by little, you’ll find that you’re spending more of your time thinking positively, and your life will take a turn for the better!
There’s more to massage than just a pleasant experience. Massage is a powerful way to enhance your life.
Treat yourself to a massage and enjoy these numerous benefits:
1. It feels good. What feels better than a massage? A good masseuse will leave you feeling better than you’ve ever felt. If this were the only benefit massage provided, a massage would still be worth the time and money. But massage has much more to offer.
2. A massage can decrease anxiety and depression. If you’ve ever had a massage, you know how relaxing it can be. Studies have shown that receiving a massage on a regular basis can be an effective means of combating anxiety. Interestingly, massage is also used to treat depression.
3. Pain reduction. Massage can be healing and can reduce pain. Massage can release endorphins, decrease tightness, and increase blood flow to the area being massaged. These effects have the ability to reduce pain.
4. Recover faster from workouts. Professional athletic teams often have a full-time massage therapist. Massage therapy can increase recovery and aid in the prevention of injuries. Luckily, you don’t have to be a professional athlete to get a massage!
5. Reduction in severity and frequency of headaches. Chronic headaches respond positively to massage. If you’re struggling with headaches, massage might be the answer you’re looking for.
6. Enhanced immunity. Massage boosts your white blood cell count. White blood cells are a critical part of your body’s ability to fight infection. A strong immune system is also linked to longevity.
7. A massage is relaxing. It relaxes you through and through – physically and mentally.
8. Reduce hypertension. Regular massage has been shown to be an effective treatment for hypertension.
9. Improved posture. Massage decreases the tightness and pain that often lead to poor posture. Poor posture continues to get worse unless you do something to combat it. Massage can help.
10. Reduce fibromyalgia symptoms. Fibromyalgia is especially responsive to massage. Those with fibromyalgia suffer from pain, anxiety, sleep disturbances, stiffness, and depression. Massage is effective at treating all of these issues.
11. Enhanced mood. Massage has demonstrated the ability to alter one’s mood positively. No one walks away from a massage feeling worse about their life.
12. You’ll be more flexible. A massage can really loosen you up. Your range of motion is better after a massage than it was before.
13. Improved sleep. You’ll find that you sleep like a baby if you’ve had massage recently. You’ll fall asleep faster and sleep more soundly. A massage is relaxing, but it can also wear you out. Both aid in sleep.
Who knew there were so many amazing reasons to get a regular massage?
Massages can be expensive, but there is a solution. There are many educational materials available for anyone wanting to learn how to give an effective massage. You and a friend could do a little research and take turns giving each other a massage a couple of times a week.
Of course, if you have the money, you can always have a professional work their magic. Massage is a great way to enhance your physical and mental health. The fact that it feels so amazing is just a huge bonus.
Help Relieve the Stress of Daily Life. Balance your Energy to Relaxation. Book Now